Get into your first home sooner with the Queensland First Home Owners' Grant
The Queensland First Home Owners' Grant is a state government initiative to help first home owners to get their new first home sooner. Depending on the date of your contract, you'll get $15,000 towards buying your new house, unit or townhouse (valued at less than $750,000). You can even buy off the plan or choose to build yourself. It's a great opportunity to buy or build a new home in our great state.
How a Queensland First Home Owner's Grant can help you
- If you're thinking of buying or building a new home, this could be what gets you started
- It could get you something more than you were expecting
- It can get you into your first home sooner
NOTE: The $20,000 Queensland First Home Owners' Grant is only available for contracts dated from 1 July 2016 to 30 June 2018.
To be eligible for the Grant
- You must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident (or applying with someone who is),
- You or your spouse must not have previously owned property in Australia,
- You must be at least 18 years of age,
- You must be buying or building a brand new home, valued under $750,000,
- You must move into the new home as your principal place of residence within 1 year of the completed transaction, and live there continuously for 6 months.