Get into your first home sooner with the Queensland First Home Owners' Grant
The Queensland First Home Owners' Grant is a state government initiative to help first home owners to get their new first home sooner. Depending on the date of your contract, you'll get $15,000 or $20,000 towards buying your new house, unit or townhouse (valued at less than $750,000). You can even buy off the plan or choose to build yourself. It's a great opportunity to buy or build a new home in our great state.
How a Queensland First Home Owner's Grant can help you
- If you're thinking of buying or building a new home, this could be what gets you started
- It could get you something more than you were expecting
- It can get you into your fist home sooner
NOTE: The $20,000 Queensland First Home Owners' Grant is not available to contracts that replace previous contracts entered into before 1 July 2016.
To be eligible for the Grant
- You must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident (or applying with someone who is)
- You or your spouse must not have previously owned property in Australia
- You must be at least 18 years of age
- You must be buying or building a brand new home, valued under $750,000
FROM 1 JULY 2016 THE GREAT START GRANT WILL BE KNOWN AS THE QUEENSLAND FIRST HOME OWNERS' GRANT. THE QUEENSLAND GOVERNMENT HAS ALSO ANNOUNCED A ONE-OFF, 12-MONTH BOOST OF $5,000 TO THE GRANT, WHICH WILL NOW BE WORTH $20,000, STARTING 1 JULY 2016.
For more information and details on how to apply please visit www.firsthomeowners.initiatives.qld.gov.au